Thursday 16th September 2021Virtual Event via Zoom
9.15am Registration, 9.30am Welcome and 4.30pm, Close
Sleep disorders involve problems with the quality, timing and amount of sleep, which impacts functioning and quality of life. There are several sleep disorders of which insomnia is the commonest. Sleep disorders in people with mental illness and emotional difficulties are less understood and possibly under recognised. Mental illness can contribute or exacerbate sleep difficulty. Chaired by Dr Miriam Isaac, this masterclass will also have a special panel discussion on COVID and Sleep. This multi-speaker programme aims to provide a comprehensive study day capturing the salient topics relevant for a busy clinician.
This course aims to provide delegates with:
- Understand common sleep difficulties in people presenting with emotional
difficulties and mental illness.
- Specialist patient group such as ADHD , Epilepsy, Autism.
- How to assess for sleep issues and common screening tools used in
- How to write a person centred good sleep care plan.
- Therapies and medications for sleep issues.