Our online courses will be run through Zoom. To access our online courses you will need the Zoom desktop or mobile app. You can download this on any mobile device, tablet or on a Windows or MAC PC. You can view further details on how to join a meeting on the Zoom website here
After you have paid for the course via the Andrew Sims Centre website, you will receive a confirmation email from ASC along with a link to register for the course on Zoom. After you have registered for the course on Zoom you will then receive a confirmation email confirming your booking. You will be sent a further email containing your unique joining link. Click join the meeting and it should open the meeting in your web browser.
Please check your junk mailbox. If it is not there, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and what course you are attending.
We politely request that delegates register for a free Zoom account, as we have restricted settings applied to our meetings to allow for registrations which only allows for authenticated Zoom account to access.
If your video or camera is not working, please refer to the troubleshooting points on Zoom here
Andrew Sims Centre kindly asks that delegates follow the housekeeping points below; this is to ensure that the course runs smoothly for both speaker and attendees:
- Please stay muted throughout the course
- Please keep camera on at all times during the course. You can turn your camera off during breaks.
- If you have question, please use the non-verbal icons. We ask that you only un-mute when the speaker has addressed you.
- If you have any technical difficulties or need to leave at any point please message the host/ASC so they are aware.
- Please make sure you have an available plug socket to charge your laptop / a fully charged laptop
- Please make sure the surroundings around are not distracting
- Please close blinds and doors to cut out potential glare of light
- No food is allowed during the course however hot/cold drinks are acceptable but keep at a safe distance from your laptop
- Please do not use your phone in the course unless it is for emergencies