Autism Diagnostic Interview, Revised (ADI-R)
Wednesday 14th July 2021 - Friday 16th July 2021Virtual Event via Zoom
09:00 Registration, 09:30 Welcome and 16:45 Close (all three days)
Presented by Dr Carol Stott, from Beginning with A, the Autism Diagnostic Interview, Revised (ADI-R) is a structured interview used for diagnosing autism, planning treatment, and distinguishing autism from other developmental disorders. Used in research for decades, this comprehensive interview provides a thorough assessment of individuals suspected of having autism or other autism spectrum disorders. The ADI-R has proven highly useful for formal diagnosis as well as treatment and educational planning.
This three-day course will train you in the use of the Autism Diagnostic Interview (ADI-R). On completion you will receive a certificate stating you are trained to use the ADI-R clinically in your day-to-day assessments.
More information regarding this virtual course:
- Flexibility in planning your time. There are typically two live Zoom sessions on each day and for the remainder of the time you work on assigned activities.
- Watching videos independently. No need to watch videos as a group, so you can watch in your own time and, in some cases, choose which videos to work on.
- Full support is on hand each day both within, and outside of, the live sessions. Support includes the opportunity for one-to-one Zoom sessions with your trainer.
- As well as daily group discussions, many courses include small group discussion in virtual breakout rooms.
- Course follow-up. Your login to the course will give you six months of access to your course videos and other valuable resources to help you consolidate your learning experience.
- Convenience. Being able to participate in the course from home or from your place of work.
Physical materials such as ADOS-2 Modules and ADI-R interview booklets will be sent to you by post in advance of your course.
Comments from previous delegates:
"Carol had vast experience and she was approachable"
"I enjoyed learning about the ADI and getting the chance to practice it"
"I thought the trainer was excellent. Very knowledgeable, very good communication"