Introduction to Coaching and Mentoring Skills (Doctors Training)
Thursday 08th September 2022Clayton Hotel, Sweet St, Holbeck, Leeds LS11 9AT
8.30am Registration, 9.00am Start and 4.30pm Close
Presented by Dr Emily Muirhead from Doctors Training, the outline of the course is as follows:
- Describe the similarities and differences between coaching and mentoring approaches.
- Apply a coaching model to structure coaching conversations.
- Develop enhanced skills including active listening, supportive and challenging questioning techniques, reframing and developmental feedback.
- Build rapport and respectfully challenge assumptions, perceptions and limiting beliefs to enable wider perspectives and generate more options.
- Use coaching models and tools to ensure you use an effective approach in your relationship with trainers and trainees
- Opportunity to reflect on strategies to support the wellbeing of others and yourself